NorLand Limited is diverse group of 15 specialized heavy construction businesses that have been serving the construction industry since 1954. Our Brand Promise is to continue making Anything Possible – just as we’ve been doing for over 65 years.
Glacier Blasting offers rewarding careers to skilled, reliable, and motivated individuals who enjoy meeting new challenges and taking a hands-on approach while working independently or alongside other experienced professionals. We offer training, mentoring and professional development for every employee and support opportunities for your growth and advancement.
We are looking for new team members to fill the positions of Site Safety Officers for our remote site-based projects in British Columbia and Alberta. Reporting to the Site Project Manager, for a designated Pipeline Project, you will be responsible for supporting all areas of health and safety for the project
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide HSE advice and guidance to ensure compliance with internal and legislative processes, industry best practice and client specific requirements
- Encourage and promote a positive attitude towards HSE awareness and risk management
- Assist in the development of Job Hazard Analysis and Safe Work Practice documents based on existing materials.
- Conduct site audits to ensure consistency with procedures and legislative requirements
- Assist with the investigation of Health and Safety related issues; implement preventative measures and follow-up to ensure compliance
- Manage and document employee Health and Safety training
- Address and mitigate Near Miss, Incident, Accident and Environmental incidents to analyze, identify, and communicate trends and frequency details
- Maintain and disseminate HSE statistics
- Assist with the Return to Work Program
- Proactively recommend measures to improve site safety and mitigate risk
- Assist with the management of subcontractors ensuring they are meeting the required HSE standards
- Assist with internal/external HSE audits
- Minimum of 2 years related Health & Safety experience, preferably in construction related industry.
- Completion of a University or College Degree, or equivalent, in Occupational Health & Safety or related discipline or equivalent experience
- CRST Certification is desirable.
- Current Level 1 First Aid Qualification.
- Demonstrated experience in risk assessment, program development, safety & health training, and accident investigation
- Excellent computer, written and verbal communication skills necessary
- A strong team player attitude with the ability to effectively adjust to changing priorities and demands
- Valid and clean BC Driver’s License
- Remote fly-in camp locations – Typical rotation is 3 weeks in and 1 week out, 12-hour days
- Office and field environment, working to deadlines, some high stress situations (e.g. meeting deadlines)
- May be required to work outside of normal work hours to meet the needs of the project
- Travel between sites
- On call for emergencies as needed
The NorLand Limited family of businesses are committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in our recruitment and hiring practices.
Only candidates who are most qualified for the position will be contacted.