Glacier Blasting, part of NorLand Limited offers rewarding careers to skilled, reliable, and motivated individuals who enjoy meeting new challenges and taking a hands-on approach while working independently or alongside other experienced professionals. We offer training, mentoring and professional development for every employee and support opportunities for your growth and advancement.
We are looking for new team members to fill the positions of Labourers / Drill-Blast Helpers who will report to the onsite Foreman at various remote Pipeline projects in BC and AB.
In these positions you will be will work closely with a team of site crew and other Blasting Division professionals to provide daily labour support for the duration of the project. We offer union pipline wages and benefits, full-time hours, and a great working environment. A full-service camp is provided for those who need it
- Provide daily support as directed by the Blasting Division on-site team
- Maintain general cleanliness to ensure job sites are clear of hazards, waste and scrap material
- Operate as a productive member of a high functioning team to drive results
- Clean and prepare sites to eliminate possible hazards
- Assist with traffic control duties, as needed
- Load/unload materials and equipment as needed
- Assist in drilling by marking hole location, adding steel and bits, and clearing loose overburden as directed
- Assist with mechanics as needed
- Assist blasters by laying out materials for each hole, loading materials in/out of magazines, and stemming holes
- Helps promote a work environment where the safety and health of all employees, subcontractors, and individuals on sites is paramount
- Safety knowledge and experience in construction industry
- Willing to work outdoors, exposed to all weather conditions
- Self- motivated with the ability to work as part of team
- Blasting and drilling knowledge an asset
- Experience with basic power and construction tools
- Valid Driver’s License
- Fit to work – ability to see, hear, walk, stand, and lift 50lbs on an ongoing basis
- Basic computer skills and ability to communicate in English, oral and written
- Good work ethic and a willingness to learn
- Remote fly-in camp locations – Typical rotation is 3 weeks in and 1 week out, 12-hour days
- Pipeline work, paid at union pipeline rates
- Field environment, working to deadlines, some high stress situations (e.g. meeting deadlines)
- May be required to work outside of normal work hours to meet the needs of the project
Perks and Compensation:
- Union Pipeline base wage of $46.56/hr
- Union Benefits/Pension Plan
- LOA (Living out Allowance)
- Retention Bonus
Glacier Blasting is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in our recruitment and hiring practices.
Only candidates who are most qualified for the position will be contacted.