Glacier Blasting offers rewarding careers to skilled, reliable, and motivated individuals who enjoy meeting new challenges and taking a hands-on approach while working independently or alongside other experienced professionals. We offer training, mentoring and professional development for every employee and support opportunities for your growth and advancement.
We are looking for new team members to fill the positions of Blasting Site Office Clerks for our remote site-based projects in British Columbia and Alberta. Reporting to the Site Project Manager, for a designated Pipeline Project, you will be responsible for processing, managing and controlling all project documentation, and serve as management’s onsite office support for day to day operations for the duration of the project.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Compiling daily time sheets and preparing submissions for payroll and equipment tracking
- Booking and tracking: camp accommodation, flights, orientations and communicating arrangements with employees and management
- Processing invoices, packing slips and bill of lading for AP
- Tracking and recording parts and consumables, as required (depending on site)
- Receiving goods and sorting incoming supplies and materials, as required (depending on site)
- Occasional pick up of items from courier and mail locations
- Processing various project documents as directed from the Project Execution team
- Maintaining a holistic view of the project, while paying attention to the details of the various parts of the work
- Assisting site management with ordering materials, as required
- Reconciling inventories with physical counts with warehouse personnel, as required
- Wearing and participating in the on-going training of the required PPE for the project
- Performing housekeeping tasks as necessary to keep the site offices tidy and organized
- 3-4 years previous similar experience
- Valid driver’s license and clean abstract (per company insurance requirements)
- Strong team player, self-motivated, proactive thinker, flexible and adaptable
- Must possess basic computer skills, Microsoft Excel & Word.
- Remote fly-in camp locations – Typical rotation is 3 weeks in and 1 week out, 12-hour days
- Office and field environment, working to deadlines, some high stress situations (e.g. meeting deadlines)
- May be required to work outside of normal work hours to meet the needs of the project
- Travel between sites
- On call for emergencies as needed
Glacier Blasting is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in our recruitment and hiring practices.
Only candidates who are most qualified for the position will be contacted.