Joining our family means bringing your diverse ideas to the table every day. Rolling up your sleeves and getting the job done, you’ll be working with a trusting team of diverse professionals, and go home safely every day, passionate and proud of what you have helped to build.
Glacier Blasting offers rewarding careers to skilled, reliable, and motivated individuals who enjoy meeting new challenges and taking a hands-on approach while working independently or alongside other experienced professionals. We offer training, mentoring and professional development for every employee and support opportunities for your growth and advancement.
We are looking for new team members to fill the positions of Blasting Project Engineers for our remote site-based projects. In this position you will be responsible for coordination, allocation and daily dispatch of site construction crews and equipment. You will support the project execution teams and work very closely to provide required field crewing to match the project demands.
You will be accountable for:
- Producing all technical documentation for the project including Safe Work Plan’s, blast plans, drilling plans that are required on each project
- Promoting a work environment where the safety and health of all employees, subcontractors, and individuals on sites is paramount
- Assisting with preparation of proposals/estimates for submission to clients
- Administrative functions of projects including health & safety, quality, cost control, subcontractor progress, scheduling, and tracking
- Preparing schedules and monitoring progress throughout each project
To qualify for this role, you must have:
- Engineering school or Technical school graduate with 7+ years of related experience of in field project support roles or management
- Confident communicator
- Proficient with MS Office Software
- AutoCAD skills preferred
- Good work ethic and a willingness to learn
- Remote fly-in camp locations – Typical rotation is 3 weeks in and 1 week out, 12-hour days
- Office and field environment, working to deadlines, some high stress situations (e.g. meeting deadlines)
- May be required to work outside of normal work hours to meet the needs of the project
- Travel between sites
- On call for emergencies as needed
If you feel you are qualified for this role, please submit your resume.
Glacier Blasting is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in our recruitment and hiring practices.
Only candidates who are most qualified for the position will be contacted.